Today I am going to tell you about a common error that you may face in Gmail and it’s possible solutions. Among the many email services, Gmail is the best-loved and most widespread one because it is very simple and user-friendly. Anyone can work with its intuitive interface. But like others, Gmail also sometimes runs into various errors, and the most common error that you may face while using Gmail is ‘Gmail Server error 007‘.
If this error happens, Gmail stops responding and you neither can click on anything nor can send or open a mail. The only way out of this in such a situation is, restarting Chrome. If its occurrences are few and far between, then you can restart the browser to fix it. But if you experience this annoying error time and again, every time restarting the browser is not a viable solution.
Friends, to save you from this hassle I am giving here some simple solutions to save you from this Gmail Server error 007 without having to restart the browser every time. Actually, the cause of this error is not one, but are many. Follow the given steps below and the Gmail Server Error 007 will go away forever.
Solutions for Gmail Server error 007:
So, here we are going to share some of the best and possible methods which help you to fix Gmail Server Error 007. So, simply go through with all the solutions and get the best solution to fix this error.
Clear the Cache and Cookies from your Browser.
The first thing you should do is cleaning your browser of the Cache and Cookies. This usually solves the Gmail Server Error 007 in most cases. The process is very simple. Just follow the following simple steps.
- On your Chrome browser click on the ‘Three Dots’ button at the top right corner to open the ‘Menu’.
- Now open ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Show Advanced Settings’ located at the bottom of the screen.
- Here open the ‘Privacy’ tab and click on the ‘Content Settings’.
- Then under the ‘Cookies’ tab click on ‘All Cookies and Site Data’.
- Finally, click on ‘Remove All’ and click on ‘Done’.
This will clear all the Cache and Cookies from your browser and in most cases, this solves the issue. You may check yourself by opening Gmail. If the issue still persists, them go to the next step.
Check for Viruses
This may sound far fetched, but sometimes viruses also give rise to Sever error 007. You should install good quality antivirus software on your computer and should regularly scan the computer for viruses. Or else, you may face many other far more serious issues.
Update your browser
You may find this happening if your browser is not up-to-date. Google Chrome comes with an auto-update feature pre-installed. But some other browsers need to be checked periodically and manually update them. This can be done through the settings menu of the respective browsers. It is advisable to regularly check for browser update.
Disable the Extensions of your Browser
Sometimes extensions added to your browser may cause this error. You can easily know if this error happens immediately after installing an extension. Just disabling it will solve the problem. But you can’t deny the possibility of some older extension causing the error due to some compatibility issue. Disable all extensions and see if the error goes. Then enable one by one while checking for the error every time to pinpoint the culprit.
It is very simple to Disable or Enable Extensions in Chrome. Follow the steps to do so.
- Click on the ‘Three Dots’ at the top right to open ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down to ‘More Tools’ and open ‘Extensions’.
- Then just Untick the ‘Enabled’ buttons of all the Extensions. Later you can Enable them in the same way.
- Disable Gmail Labs Background Send
Find, if the ‘Gmail Labs Background Send’ is enabled. Sometimes this also causes the ‘Server 007’ error. Disabling it solves the problem. To disable it follow the steps below.
- Open Gmail and ‘Login’ to your account.
- Open Gmail’s settings by clicking on the ‘Gear’ icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the ‘Lab’ tab and go to the tab ‘Background Send’.
- Disable it and see if the issue persists. Certainly, you won’t encounter the issue anymore.
Also Check: Shell Infrastructure Host
Well, friends, if you happen to encounter the ‘Gmail Server error 007’ anytime, I am sure, you will be able to solve it yourself by following the above procedure. Hope this helps.
Thanks for spending your valuable time here. Stay tuned for more exciting stuff. Please leave your comments below. Thanks. Have a nice day.