What is a hydraulic press machine? It uses liquid as the functioning mechanism to commute the energy for performing various tasks. If you check in the market, then there are several types of custom hydraulic press available. It is essential to know their functionality and intended application before choosing a particular type of press.
- A C-frame hydraulic press is identified by its typical frame style. A “C” shape is formed around the bolster plate. The C-frame press delivers more force and maintains a small, compact footprint. Processes that use small bed sizes and where the tonnage is lower, this press is best-suited.
- Colum press or straight side press is fit for most demanding applications. In this press, the press components guide the reciprocating motion of the ram so that better parallelism and squareness are maintained throughout the stroke.
- A four-column press can be designed to accommodate a large variety of die sizes. It is well-suited for manufacturing parts that need higher rigidity and perfect bed-to-arm parallelism.
- The horizontal press is ideal for straightening plates, bars, and shafts. It can be fitted with a variety of tools, which can be used for structural contouring, rail contouring, and various other applications that need horizontal configuration and long stroke, smooth hydraulic power.
Purchasing hydraulic press machines? Check these aspects
Custom hydraulic presses are available in a wide range of sizes and capacities. The thing that you should not miss is tool sizing, the need for off-center or level loading, tonnage capacity, and so on. Though each time you buy the press it is application-specific, here are certain general considerations that are important always. Additional considerations are as follows:
- Some processes need cushions or clamps to hold the material rightly and at a specific pressure. It controls the speed of drawing the material into a die.
- Are there nitrogen springs in it? If yes, then make sure the hydraulic press is capable of handling the “spring back” force.
- What is the availability status of spare parts? Are they available off-the-shelf or do you need to order them specially? Remember, the downtime largely depends on the availability of spare parts.
- Like parts availability, service availability is also equally important. When you buy a custom hydraulic solution, it becomes all the more important. It is beneficial to have local technicians for the initial set-up. It is easy to train operators and troubleshoot problems if the service technicians are located nearby.
- Does your process need a lot of automation? If yes, then you need to check the special considerations in the capabilities of your hydraulic system? Check how the product moves through the press?
Ask all your queries and doubts to the supplier while purchasing the capital equipment. Check the warranties and service guarantee. Are the services and repairs are covered by the supplier? For how long the purchase warranty will be valid?
Check these things carefully while finalizing the hydraulic press.
Benefits of hydraulic press machines
There are many benefits of these machines. Faster operations, lower maintenance, and durability are a few. Higher efficiency and reduced operational cost are unique characteristics that place hydraulic press differently in the market. When you need flawless products and a foolproof process, hydraulic press machines can meet your expectations greatly. They are essential in a variety of industries. Whether it is a manufacturing unit or wood processing workshop, metal fabrication unit, or food processing industry, a wide range of hydraulic press machines are used in manufacturing a variety of products. To pick the most efficient, low-maintenance, and economic machine, requires research and comparison of different models. Pick one that suits your operational requirement the most.